1. Sheshother a meaningful look.
2. Beli’s diamond eyes locked on toher.
3. Mary felt her heartrace.
4. A great silence surroundedthem.
--《 歌剧魅影The Phantom of the Opera 》周围一片寂静。
5. His name hadcompletely slipped frommy memory.
6. Hestormedout and slammed the door shut.
7. We were merrily drivingon the highway when suddenly one tyre burst.
8. Jenny walked slowly to the front, with her legs trembling and her heart bumpingnearly out of her chest.
9. She choked and her eyes brimmed with tears.
10.The moment he finished his speech in a magnetic voice, a wave of applauseerupted from the audience.
11. He stood leaning against the wall, unable to speak.
12. She hugged them to her chest, and at last she was able to look up with tearful eyes and a smile.
13. He gave a jumpin the air,twirled, ran a few steps, stopped, looked all around, sniffedthe smells of afternoon, and then set off walking downthrough the orchard.
14. Even as I was digging into my pocketto get out my revolver, I made a running step back.
15. Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mindthat she had never before seen such a rabbit, and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it.
16. We got into his car anddrove up the road, stoppeda few houses down from the tree.
17. Abel was quick. Good Lord, he was fast. The ringleader had made a dash for it, trying to climb overa hall. Abel grabbedhim, pulled him downand dragged him back.
18. In between sobsI told her the story.
19. I ran back home, smiling and skipping along.
20. Abel slammed his foot on the gas and shot up ontothe grass and straight toward the bottom of the tree.
21. Her pulses beat fast, and the bloodwarmedandrelaxedevery inch of her body.
22. She arose at length and opened the door to her sister’s request.
23. The waiter watched him go down the street, a very old man walking unsteadily but with dignity.
1. The last word went like a bulletto my heart.
2. A ripple of sadnesswelled up inside him.
3. He felt the warmth surging throughhis body.
4.The loneliness and grief comes in waves.
5.So ashamed was she that she could feel the blood rush to her face.
6.Her eyesmisted over as she immersed herself intheir good memories.
7.Her brain quickenedand all her senses were alert.
8. At the sight of the ferocious wolf, I was seized by a strong sense of horrorand my palms were sweating.
9. When the host announced that she won the prize, her heart was thumping with excitement.
10. Her rage swept through her like a tidal wave, surrounding her like a foul stench.
11. “Here!” Alice jumped up,forgetting how large she had grown,and knocked over a basketful of apples just picked from the tree.
“ 在这儿！” 爱丽丝激动地一跃，忘记了自己已经长得很大了，结果撞翻了一大篮刚摘的苹果。
12. She thought of the flowers glittering in the sunshine and the mountains turning rosy in the setting sun. And every night she cried into her pillow as though her heart would break into pieces.
13. “In no way will I go back to that hell-like place. Never will anything to do with her disturb me any more.” heroared in his heart like a lion.
14. “I’m up here,” said a cross little voice above them. “My head hurts.” Mowgli, still in a temper, came sliding down a tree trunk.
“ 我在上面呢。” 他们头上传来微弱的声音。“ 我头疼” 毛克利说，他从树上滑了下来，还生着气。
15. Tears welled up in Mowgli’s eyes as the memory of running wildly in the flowering field with Baloo and Bagheera sparkled into his mind. Would he ever see them again?
1. Indeed, his sunburnt face and arms and his slim, strong bodyare just like those of millions of Chinese farmers, for whom he has struggled for the past five decades.
2. The tramp, a poor, homeless man with a moustache, wore large trousers, worn-out shoes and a small round black hat.
1. 关于“ 笑” 的表达：
--The smile froze on her lips. 她脸上的笑容僵住了。
--In spite of his disappointment, he managed a weak smile. 他还是勉强露出一丝淡淡的微笑。
--Alee became happy now and a gentle smile spread over her face. 整张脸洋溢着温和的微笑。
--His face split into a wide smile. 他的脸上绽放出灿烂的笑容。
2. 有关“ 看” 的表达：
He didn’t shout, and he just glared at me silently. 他只是默默怒视着我。
He gazed at the ...., unbelievable. 他难以置信地盯着.. 看。
He turned to her with a frightened air. 他害怕地看着他。
He was glaring down at me again, his black eyes full of disgust.
Her eyes were glued to the screen. 她目不转睛地盯着屏幕。
He give a glimpse of...from the corner of his eye. 他用眼睛的余角瞥了一眼。
3. With tears streaming down her face, words failed her .
A bright light streamed through the window, flooding the opening and spreading in a wide circle on the ceiling.
The rain like a deluge(n. 洪水；暴雨；泛滥）
The moon was overcast. The sky writhed with clouds. All at once thunder and lightning began. In a flash of light the fields were illuminated( 照亮；说明）as far as the horizon. The stalks of wheat （小麦杆）bowed and the rain struck （strike 过去式：击打）like a deluge. Before Yasha( 人名）could collect his thoughts the sheets of water began to flail （打）the wagon （铁路货车）like a hailstorm （冰雹）. The tarpaulin （防水帆布）tore （tear 过去式：撕碎/ 撕破）loose from the frame. The monkey choked off a terrified scream. In less than a minute the highway was mired （使...... 陷入泥泞）.
The peaceful fields
It was a pleasant land of white houses, peaceful plowed fields and sluggish yellow rivers, but a land of contrasts, of brightest sun glare and dense shade. The plantation clearings and miles of cotton fields smiled up to a warm sun, placid, complacent.
The twinkling stars
Almost as clearly as the sun could, the moon’s still pale light picked out vast sweeping stretching of distance, the grass shimmering and rippling like a restless sight, silver and white and grey.
Clouds gather, driven by the rising wind
As the night advanced, the clouds closing in and densely overspreading the whole sky, then very dark, it came on to blow harder and harder.
Stretched one’s tired back; teased sb; hurry back; hurried outside; go /walk across the shallow river;
stepped inside; Alan froze; lay still; squeeze out; paused; set off to do sth; pulled over;
grabbed sth; hopped out of the car; shook one’s head; got accustomed to doing;
wrapped them in a tissue; placed them beside my computer; dropped it into the rubbish bin;
yelled; rolled one’s eyes and walked away; laughed out loud; put on a bright smile;
Alan’s stomach tightened；Muttered sth; Spoke up; Take a shift; Frowned;
Spot animal tracks along the river; Whispered;
She reached for a small white envelope in her pocket. In it was an invitation to Jennifer’s party.
Be Tied; Walk through the woods; Dropped; Her heart grew heavier. Keep an eye on sb;
Checked; Reached over; Turned around; Managed a grin;
Tears of joy flooded her eyes as she prayed silently, “Thank you, God.”
Sth caught my eye; An excited feeling bubbled up inside Ally as she searched the sky.
犹豫地hesitantly；直视她的眼睛look directlyinto her eyes；
紧密地匹配closelymatch；稍有不同地be slightly different from；
不耐烦地掠过impatiently skimmed；立即回答answered instantly；
骄傲地咧嘴笑Grinned proudly；体贴地放置considerately placed；
焦急地等待waited anxiously;；清楚地记得clearly remembered；
我珍藏的戒指my treasuredrings；惊人的amazing；退休的经理a retiredmanager；
凯利感到一阵温暖的光辉Kelly felt a warm glow. 彻底搜查了made athorough search of;
一条一动不动的蛇a motionless snake；频繁地拜访餐馆frequent restaurant visits；
It was adesperate, heartbreaking andembarrassingsituation for a father.
William’s face paled when he saw…
Rebecca’s mind raced,tryingto think of a way to do sth.
An idea popped intoher head.
A strange light filled his eyes.
Behind the counterwas an old woman, who helped me find my grandfather’s records.
Little did I know that this trip was going to be a special one.
I cried,fearing thatthe car had broken down and we’d stuck here.
Curiosity drove me to ask….
I felt the heat in my cheeks burning red.
Had it not been for my carelessness, all this would not have happened.(Had it not been for….., sb wouldn’t have done..)
The idea of being alone in the night made him tremble.
“If only I couldget that good feeling back,” she thought, sighing.
Familiar smells of the earth rose up to greet her.
I remember my first fishing tour, as ifit were but yesterday….
It was still, sweet day of early summer; the long afternoon shadows of the trees lay cool across our path; the leaves seemed greener, the flowers brighter, the birds merrier, than ever before.
Overcomewith my great and bitter disappointment, I sat down.
Several minutes of anxious searching turned out to be in vain.
Laughing, they raced back to the woods.
Withhis lip shaking and a tear running down his cheek, he replied, “….”
He paused for a while, as if wandering in his memory.
Through this trip, I discovered that, despite my occasional anger towards her, I actually felt proud of her.
On hearingthe bad news she felt seized by a burst of sadness and couldn’t help crying bitterly.
Withgreat sorrow and regret, I just sat there rooted in my chair, praying to God for my unforgivable guilt.